Finally. News.  

Posted by Elysabeth Williams

So there I was... I was cruising a background-check forum for a publisher that I submitted to back in the first part of March. I was concerned, because the auto-response I received said to check back after four weeks if you haven't heard anything.


Well, I was scared to poke a publisher, because that usually means... the poke of death. Rejection. Ugh. I couldn't stand the idea of yet another one. 

Surprisingly, I got a very nice and unexpected private message from the publisher on that very forum that said essentially... oh no see, no one waits 4 weeks. Send us the information and we'll check on it.

Ok. YAY.  A brief save. I sent the information and went about my business. I had to pick up some stuff on the other side of town so I went for a drive.

As I was driving along back roads of my neck of the woods, I stopped at a red-light and got the buzz from my phone that I had a new email.

FROM: Publisher
RE: Missing Submission.

......

Oh shit, here it is guys... it's either a pass or another fail.
I took a breath and opened it and the words blurred.

Acceptance.


Now I screamed so loud I scared the guy in the lane beside me. He mouthed, Are you ok? 
Oh hell yes, I'm ok. I was so ok I told everyone I met for the rest of the day. I scared my husband on the phone.

Guys, it's going to happen. It's really going to happen.

The Electrifying Exploits of the English Three has been contracted and will be published by Lyrical Press, Inc.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at Wednesday, April 14, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

25 comments

YAY---AWESOME!!! :D And lol at the screaming and scaring the guy behind you!

April 14, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I'm so proud of you!!

April 14, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Huge congrats to you!

I'll have a glass of wine (or twelve) in your honor tonight.

Tawna

April 14, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Huge congratulations to you!

April 14, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Anonymous  

WOO HOO!! Perma-grin still in place? ;-D #SoProud!!

April 14, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Congratulations!

April 14, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I am BEAMING such a bright smile, my home will be illuminated for the next 12 years!!!!!! WOOHOO! That was a very dignified scream, btw... oh no... no it wasn't... I'm not going to lie. It was a scream heard ROUND THE WORLD FOR MY GIRL!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxo

April 14, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Oh my goodness! CONGRATS!
I'm so proud! You must be going crazy right now :D

April 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Thanks Everyone!!

@Debra - Yeah I think I really scared him. I bet he's still wondering what the hell I was so freaked out about.

@Tawna - Thanks! Just don't drive. LOL

@Jordan - YES!

April 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Thank you thank you!

@Jeanne - I Love you, mama! <3

@Maggie - I AM Still freaking out LOL

April 14, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Hey Beth,

WELL DONE, THAT'S SOOOO COOL!

April 14, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Thanks, Alex!! <3

April 14, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Congratulations, That's fantastic!

April 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM
Anonymous  

I don't know you but I wanted to leave a comment and say...GREAT JOB!

I'm so happy you screamed and told us about it. I could just see the guy beside you mouthing those words.

Congrats.

April 14, 2010 at 5:54 PM

WOOT!!! CONGRATS!!!

(I'm here from Hilary's blog)

~Lola

April 14, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Congratulations Elysabeth! That's great news. All the best in your writing career!

April 14, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Thanks so much... I didn't think I'd get much response but I'm really overwhelmed by you guys. It's much appreciated!!

April 14, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Well, lookie there. Is that a cheeky grin or what?

GRATS! You deserve it. Very, VERY happy for you!!

April 14, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Congratulations! That is absolutely wonderful news!!! :)

April 14, 2010 at 6:15 PM

That is great news! Wow!
I found your blog via Hilary's post today and saw this! I love hearing about good news from other writers!

April 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM

A million thank yous!!!

April 14, 2010 at 8:51 PM

What AWESOME news!! I hope you're celebrating tonight :))

I followed you from Hilary Wagner's blog. So glad to find you today of all days!

Looking forward to hearing more about your amazing journey!

April 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Thank you, Nicole!! :D Glad to see ya over here!

April 15, 2010 at 9:17 AM
GothhicGoddess  

So very happy for you hun! <3 you and congrats!

April 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Congratulations! I love hearing about happy endings like this!

April 15, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Post a Comment