A Friday Folly  

Posted by Elysabeth Williams

Today I've decided to go through the week and list five things that I really liked about the week, or five things that affected me somehow.... enough... to still remember by Friday.


1. Sherlock JudeLawInATopHat Holmes.

I watched this movie for the fortylebbenth time this week.
oh... dear.... Watson... 


I don't have much else to say about this other than I really love this movie. I love the action and the snark and the hotness of RDJ and Jude. Of course I have to say I also like the idea of it being psuedo steampunk whether they wanna believe it or not. Just make a sequel already!



2. No News is No News... and New News is Sometimes Good.
I received word from my publisher that they're doing a photo shoot with a guy in a kilt next week for the cover of Devil in a Red Kilt. OH Yeah... details when I have them.

  My mental interpretation of what kilted men should look like. 


3. Stupid Twilight.
I watched Twilight again last night because I didn't want to watch Futurama, Beast with a Billion Backs again. (Don't ask.) SO I stayed up too late watching Stupid Edward and his ever changing hair height and stupid spastic blinking Bella.... until the credits rolled and I was so annoyed with the whole movie I picked up the STUPID book and started reading it again. Until 3am. I still have yet to figure out what it IS about that book that compels me. (but this picture sure is hot.)





4. I Hate Summer.
That's pretty self explanatory. I hate bugs, I hate sticky, I hate sweating,I hate mosquitoes, and I hate the humidity. I want to live in the Pacific Northwest (not forks, stupid twilight) and be in perpetual FALL.


 I would feel differently, if I were here.. 


5. I wrote.
I wrote like a mad woman. I wrote until the wee hours of the morning and fell in love with my story all over again. I wrote about 5k words this week for the first time in months. It felt awesome. I have new hope that I'll finish this one before fall and clean it up for the end of the year.



That's it people.. see you again next week. 


This entry was posted on Friday, June 18, 2010 at Friday, June 18, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Oh, I am so with you re hot, sticky, summer weather. Team Fall!

I did love the Sherlock movie, though the people I was with kept on interrupting and asking questions! What's so hard to understand, people?

I need to write like a mad woman. It seems my muse hates steamy humidity of DC and has moved to cooler place until the Fall. And did not take me with her. Bitch.

June 18, 2010 at 3:55 PM

We rented it on demand a while back and I ended up getting a copy for myself. It's quickly become one of those movies I'll watch over and over. It's great fun :D

My muse is being fickle too, so I'll take what I can when I can! Good luck that she comes back to you :D

June 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Falling in love with the work? :D
That is a special feeling.
Good luck.
I'm with you on the season. Autumn is the queen of seasons.

June 18, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I love everything about this post! Too cute.
*I too, loved Sherlock Holmes, RDJ and esp. Mr. Jude Law.
*I would be especially happy if I had a man in a kilt on the cover of my book, too.
*Damn that Twilight saga!
*I hate summer, and I live in FL! I win!
*I didn't write a book, but I wrote a lit review! It counts. :)

June 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Thanks for the eye candy! I liked Watson a lot too in Sherlock Holmes. Awesome!

June 18, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Elaine: it takes a lot for me to actually start falling for my characters. I tend to write romance so every guy has his day ;)

Smash: Lit reviews totally count!

Lydia: thanks! I'll try again for more eye candy next week :D

June 18, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Post a Comment