The wind has died down  

Posted by Elysabeth Williams

So...  Everything went kind of nutty for August. Devil In A Red Kilt came out, I finished editing The Electrifying Exploits of the English Three (yes the second book will have a shorter name so you won't forget it in the middle of saying it,) and appeared at a book signing.

First -- The book signing was awesome! I had so much fun and saw so many people I haven't seen in yearrrrs. They came from all over. It was a blur! Two hours of signing my name and remembering what people said their names were gone in a breath. I do have to say, next time, I'll forgo the champagne toast. That made concentrating fuuuun. I'm so thankful for everyone who came. I spent the rest of the weekend in awe of you guys. Seriously. The book store was fantastic and actually invited me back for October 9th! I can't wait.

Fore more details on that, please see their website at http://www.thebookwormonline.com/  And if you're in the area, stop by and show them support! They rock! They'll probably even have a copy of my book on their shelf!


Second -- Editing the EEE3. Holy crapballs y'all. My editor rocks the mufuggin casbah. I never saw so many embarrassing mistakes in my life. I'm so grateful for having such awesome people working with me to make sure I don't look like a fool... He (@smoulderingsea, for those playing twitter at home) worked magic on my manuscript. From arguing about underwear to late night hysterics about Dos Equis and blowjobs... It was done. I less than three him. seriously. I hope I have the chance to work with him again.


I couldn't have done it with out all the wonderful people around me encouraging me to spew words into my computer. I really appreciate all the kindness (and evil) that's made me write. and keep writing.

So what's up now? I'm working on a few guest blogs (to be announced later!) and a short story. Come November I'll be writing a full length novel again. I. Can't. Wait.

Take care!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at Tuesday, September 14, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

I am beaming... and shedding a happy tear. Wow. You. Rock.

September 14, 2010 at 12:49 PM

stop cryin, maaaa! <3

Thanks

September 14, 2010 at 12:53 PM

You are awesome! And an inspiration!

September 14, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Thanks, Marisa! :D

September 14, 2010 at 2:57 PM

::hugs:: I'm so extremely proud of you, Cheeky!! <3

September 14, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Post a Comment